Thursday, November 5, 2009

Scooter


This was my buddy, Scooter. He was a Miniature Schnauzer weighting about 12 pounds, and he was the best dog I ever had. I had him trained to hand signals. He was a very smart dog. I wish I had taken more pictures of him. He was a wonderful companion. As I was going through our pictures, I realized that I have just a few pictures of him, and none of those do him justice. He had silky hair and not the wiry hair like most Schnauzer's have. He was completely black when he was a puppy and turned to a beautiful silvery gray. I found two sites about pet photography and I wanted to share it with you.
One is by Digital Photography School and the other is Best Friend Photography. Also, there is an article in the September issue of Professional Photographer titled, "Animal Instincts." It is written by three pet photographers, Bev Hollis, Teresa Berg, and Barbara Breitsameter. They have formed Unleashed Workshops for other pet photographers. I wish I had read this information before we had to shoot our pet portraits. Nonetheless, life goes on and we now have another dog, a Chihuahua, but Scooter has a place in my heart that no other dog can fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment