Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Business in the Boondocks, Thriving as a rural photographer


I was reading the August edition of Professional Photographer, and came across an article titled Business in the Boondocks. We live in Grayson, a suburb of Atlanta, and the photo business is very competitive, but also offers more opportunities. My husband is not too far from retirement, and we will probably retire to Hiawassee in the North Georgia Mountains. I still have both of my childhood homes, and the location is ideal. It's inside the city limits just off Main St., and offers an excellent location for a business. I would like to convert the smaller house into a studio and renovate the other house to live in. I have concerns that I would not have enough business to make a go of it. However, after reading this article, it has helped to lessen some of those concerns.

The article is about Megan Franks and Four Seasons Photography, based in Leedey, Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment