Thursday, October 22, 2009

In Loving Memory


This is my niece, Jennifer. She past away 2 yrs. ago at the age of 31. She had battled cancer for almost 3 yrs. She accomplished so much in her life time. She put herself through law school and graduated cum laude. She passed the bar exam on her first try, and had one court case which she won. She purchased her house when she was 21. She was a single mom. She continued to fight right up to the end. I encourage everyone who has (or had) someone in your family, or a friend or acquaintance who has (or is currently fighting) cancer to contribute to the American Cancer Society. Take time and participate in the Relay for Life rallies or any fund raising activity. Hopefully, a cure can be found that will eliminate this awful disease.

2 comments:

  1. I just teared up reading this because it hits me hard...my mom died last year from stomach cancer and she was only 57 years old, WAY TOOO YOUNG like your niece. I pray that one day they find a cure for this nasty disease...it is soo unfair :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got involved with ACS and Relay after losing my mother to cancer. It's a great thing to do.

    Along these same lines, here's a 30 sec Relay video I'd like you to check out -- http://www.ahamoment.com/vote/michelle -- about the "aha moment" of one Relay for Life volunteer and why she stays involved. If you like it, vote for it with one simple click, as the top vote-getters will be used as aha moment TV commercials next year. And more publicity for Relay would be a good thing.

    Best,
    jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete